The 2022 BMW 3 series extends a winning streak. While it used to be available in several body styles, only the sedan has survived, chiefly due to public demand. The BMW 3 series is a relatively small luxury sedan compared to other BMW models and is available as a turbocharged 330i, 330 plug-in hybrid, M340i, and the high-powered M3.
WHAT IS NEW ABOUT THE 2022 3 SERIES?
BMW 3 Series Models
The 2022 BMW 3 Series lineup includes the 330e, 330i, and M340i. There are not that many novel features in the 2022 3 series; the minor updates include new standard features for some models, reshuffled option packages, and a whole list of updated individual options. The 3 series base models are rear-wheel drive; the all-wheel-drive system of BMW’s xDrive is optional. Feature highlights for the BMW 3 Series include:
- All have rear-wheel drive with an 8-speed automatic transmission.
- The body of all trims is designed to meet the demands of all types of roads.
- The brakes are solid.
- The ride at least for inner-city driving is comfortable.
- All have a rich spacy interior with decent trunk space.
- The plug-in hybrid (330e) offers up to 23 miles of all-electric range.
- All four trims offer a luxurious and spirited ride.
- None have a manual transmission.
- The fuel economy depends on the trim of the 2022 BMW 3 series and varies from 23 mpg for the inner city to 36 mpg on the highway. The most powerful 6-cylinder M340i has the lowest fuel efficiency numbers.
- The interior is well designed, modern, and feels expensive. The sports seats are supportive and well-bolstered with extensive adjustments.
- Other features include a heads-up display, heated rear and front seats, and wireless charging.
- Except for the 330e, all the rest have ample cargo space.
- The infotainment center in all the BMW 3 series is pretty similar. Both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are standard features.
- One novel feature is the addition of BMW gesture control, which permits the driver and passengers to input certain commands with hand gestures.
- When it comes to driver assistance options, BMW only provides automated emergency braking and forward-collision warning systems as standard. All other options are available as add-ons.
Overall, all four trims offer good handling on the road. The interior is tastefully decorated with ample cargo space. All four trims have potent fuel-efficient engines, which allow the M3 series to leave most of the competition behind.
What Do Experts Recommend?
Of the four trims, the 4-cylinder 330i is recommended by most car experts. This car has decent power and is athletic in design. Adding in the sports package will bring in a specialty tuned suspension with unique styling bits. For a few more thousand dollars, the premium package will include hands-free passive entry, blind-spot monitoring, heated steering wheel, heads-up display, and much more. BMW also offers a dynamic handling package that optimizes the car’s driving behavior via upgraded brakes and adaptive dampers.
What is the Price of the 2022 BMW 3 Series?
BMWs are not cheaply made cars. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price is about $69,000. Add in the upgrades and the car can be yours for about $80-$85K.
Contact Braman Motorcars at 1-561-609-0131 for more details and to talk to knowledgeable BMW representatives. Stop by their showroom and take a look at the models they have.